- Yes, I know it's getting too warm to make soup but I made this in late winter and couldn't resist making it one more time before summer arrives. It's yummy!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 carrots, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 8 c. chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c. cooked chopped or shredded chicken (use a store-bought rotisserie chicken to speed up prep time or use leftover chicken from another recipe)
- 1 c. wild rice or wild rice blend
- 1/3 c. flour
- 2 3/4 c. milk (use 2% or whole if you have it)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
1. In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, melt the 2 tbsp butter and sauté veggies and spices (carrots through rosemary) until softened, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds longer.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the milk into the flour and add to soup. Continue to simmer about 5-10 minutes or until soup has thickened slightly.
4. Remove from heat, add green onions, extra salt and pepper to taste and serve.