- This seems like a lot of work but it's really not as you blend the first 9 ingredients in a food processor or blender. The salad makes for a beautiful presentation for a get together.
- Recipe from Fresh & Fast Vegetarian
Blend/food process together:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 c. mayo
- 1/2 c. plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 c. coarsely chopped cucumber (use a seedless or remove seeds by slicing in half lengthwise and scooping out seeds with a spoon)
- 1/2 c. lightly packed coarsely chopped fresh dill, including delicate stems
- 1/4 c. chopped green onions, white and green parts
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 cucumber, sliced into 1/4-inch diagonal slices
- 3-4 c. lightly packed mixed salad greens or baby spinach
- 8 thick slices of 2 large tomatoes
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced red onion
- 1 lb small to medium Yukon Gold potatoes, halved if large
1. Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan and over with water. Bring to a boil and cook, covered, over medium heat until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a skewer, 15-20 minutes, depending on their size. Rinse with cold water and drain. Set aside to cool to lukewarm. When cool enough to handle, remove the skins and slice into 1/4-1/2 inch slices.
2. Combine all the dressing ingredients and process until smooth.
3. To assemble: spread half of avocado dressing on a large serving platter. Layer the sliced potatoes on top of the dressing and top with the cucumber slices. Distribute the salad greens over the potatoes and cucumbers and top with overlapping tomato slices and onion slices. Drizzle more dressing over the top of each tomato slice, reserving the extra to serve on the side. Sprinkle the salad with freshly ground pepper and salt to taste. Garnish with extra dill if desired.