- I love quiche. They are easy to assemble and make great leftovers. Double the recipe and make 2 if you want!
- 1 pie crust
- 6 eggs
- 1 small container white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c. diced ham
- 3/4 c. shredded cheese (I used Swiss but Cheddar would also be good)
- 1/2 c. whole milk or half-and-half
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper (approximately 1/2 tsp each)
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
1. Preheat oven to 425 and place a cookie sheet on the oven rack in the lower middle position. If using a frozen crust, let thaw at room temp about 10 minutes. Prick several times with the tines of a fork and cook for about 8 minutes or until starting to look dry.
2. Meanwhile, saute mushrooms in 2 tbsp butter until softened, about 5 minutes. Add chopped green onions and saute 1 minute.
3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Add salt, pepper, and dry mustard.
4. Remove hot pie crust on the cookie sheet. Lower oven temp to 375. Layer half of the cheese on the bottom of the crust then add the ham and mushroom mixture. Pour the egg mixture over top and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
5. Return pie on the cookie sheet to the oven and bake 40-55 minutes or until top is browned and puffy and egg is set. If the top starts to brown too much before egg is set, cover with foil.