- This tastes like summer and made for great leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 2/3 c. olive oil
- 6 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh oregano, minced or 1 tsp dried
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper (or more, to taste)
- 1 lb chicken breast, marinated in Cesar salad dressing for 2+ hours then grilled and sliced into strips
- 16 oz. pasta of choice
- Whatever veggies you have on hand such as:
- 1 1/2 c. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- several carrots, sliced thin
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped or 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, any color, seeded and chopped
- several large handfuls baby spinach
- 12 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- about 20 Greek olives, pitted (optional)
- 5-10 pepperoncinis, chopped (optional)
1. Whisk (or shake in a mason jar with a lid) oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper until combined. Set aside.
2. Cook pasta according to directions on box. Rinse with cold water.
3. In a very large bowl combine pasta, veggies, and feta, and olives and pepperoncini (if using).
4. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours to allow flavors to blend. Serve with grilled chicken.