- Don't be scared! It's a bread recipe but it literally requires NO kneading!
- I've been wanting a dutch oven for a long time and finally used a birthday gift certificate to Amazon and bought a middle-of-the-road cast iron, enamel coated dutch oven. It goes from the stove top (think stews, roast, etc.) directly to the oven but more importantly bakes this AWESOME loaf of crusty-on-the-outside, soft, chewy, and delicious-on-the-inside-bread. I made this simple bread for the first time mid-October and have probably made more than 10 loaves since then. It's that good.
- Go ahead and double the recipe. Whatever you don't eat fresh will make great french toast!
- Found the recipe on a blog called Alaska from Scratch
- 3 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. warm water