- These are great to make on a Friday or Saturday night to have ready for the weekend morning. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Mixt the oats and buttermilk and refridgerate overnight. Wake up the next morning, mix dry & wet ingredients then cook!
- We ate all but 1 pancake of the recipe below so double if you have more than 3 eaters or want leftovers.
- Recipe modified from Simply in Season
- 2 c. old fashioned rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 2 c. buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 c. oil
- 1/2 c. flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Mix together oats, buttermilk and vanilla the night before; cover and store in fridge overnight. Mix dry ingredients ahead of time as well if desired in a large bowl; cover and leave at room temp.
2. In the morning, stir 2 eggs and 1/4 c. oil into oat mixture.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix briefly (do not overmix!). Fry in/on a greased skillet.