- These were tasty and filling sandwiches!
- Recipe modified from Taste of Home
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half then sliced into 1/4-inch long slices
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut in half then sliced into 1/4-inch long slices
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 red or orange pepper, cut into 1-2 inch slices
- 1/4 c. Italian salad dressing
- Ciabatta or Foccacia rolls
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 c. mayo
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5-10 basil leaves, minced
- Crumbled feta cheese
1. Combine cut veggies with Italian dressing in a large ziplock bag. Seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Drain and discard marinade.
2. Preheat grill to medium heat. Slice rolls in half and brush cut sides with oil; set aside. Grill veggies in a grilling pan or rack over the grill for 3-5 minutes per side or until crisp tender. Remove and keep warm.
3. Grill bread, oil side down over medium heat until just toasted, 30-60 seconds.
4. In a small bowl, combine mayo, lemon juice, garlic and basil. Spread over top and bottom of cut sides of bread. Top bottom side of bread with feta cheese then veggies, a little salt and pepper, and remaining bread.