- This was a really tasty meal and something I'll serve at a summer BBQ.
- Another recipe this week uses ciabatta bread or foccacia bread so depending on how many are in your family, one bag of rolls (look in the bakery section of your grocer) could work for both meals. They get stale fairly quick so plan to have the sandwich meals earlier in the week.
- Found this recipe in Sunset from www.myrecipes.com
- Leaves from 1 large bunch basil
- 1/2 c. mayo
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 chicken breast breasts (you're going to pound them out to 1/4-inch thickness so 2 breasts is enough for 4 sandwiches)
- 4 slices ciabatta or foccacia bread
- 1 tomato, cut into slices
1. Heat grill to medium.
2. Whirl mayo, all but 4 leaves of basil, garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth. Remove 2 tbsp to baste chicken with.
3. Sandwich chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a mallet until 1/4 inch thick.
4. Grill chicken, basting each side with the reserved 2 tbsp mayo mixture and turning as needed, until cooked through and well browned, about 8-10 minutes.
5. Brush both sides of bread with mayo mixture (save some to serve on the side) and grill on both sides.
6. Lay chicken on mayo side of bread. Top each sandwich with a tomato slice and a basil leaf and serve the remaining mayo on the side.