- Recipe modified from Simply in Season Cookbook
- The salad dressing doubles as a marinade for the chicken. You can make the dressing the night before then marinate chicken before leaving the house the next morning.
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dried)
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- 3/4 tsp pepper (or more to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
- Mixed greens/lettuce of choice
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1-2 tomatoes, cut into large chunks or wedges
- 2 slices of red onions, separated into rings
- Feta cheese
- Kalamata olives (optional)
1. Combine chicken broth through garlic in a large mason jar or bowl with a tight fitting lid and shake or whisk to combine.
2. Place chicken breasts into a casserole container with a lid and add about 1/2 of the dressing. Stir to evenly coat chicken. Cover and place in fridge. Marinate for at least two hour or up to all day.
3. Preheat grill. cook chicken approximately 5 minutes on each side or until done then cut into 1/4-inch slices.
4. Divide salad among plates, top with veggies and chicken then dressing Sprinkle feta and olives (if using) over top. Add a bit of salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.