- These are packed with flavor, hearty and done all on the grill.
- 1 large red, yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into quarters
- 1 large poblano (or Anaheim if you can't find a poblano), seeded and cut into quarters
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut in half
- 1 yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Olive oil
- Flour tortillas
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Optional toppings: salsa, guac, sour cream
1. Heat a grill pan over medium high heat on the grill.
2. Brush/toss veggies with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill each veggie, turning occasionally, until softened and slightly charred. Transfer veggies to a large cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces.
3. To assemble: brush one side of two tortillas with olive oil. Place the oiled side of one of the tortillas on grill pan or directly on grill, top with a little cheese, chopped veggies, a little fresh cilantro and a little more cheese. Place second tortilla on top, oiled side up.
4. Grill the quesadillas, turning once, until tortillas are golden and cheese is melted.
5. Cut into wedges and serve with desired toppings.