- A great casserole that's also freezer friendly. Double it and freeze a pan!
- I used brown rice and it turned out great but I think white would be better. We left out black olives for our family's tastes but if using, add 1 15-oz can.
- 2 cups white long grain rice
- 2 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 15-oz can mild green enchilada sauce
- 15-oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles or plain, if preferred
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2. Cook rice according to package directions.
3. In a large bowl, combine chicken, enchilada sauce, olives (if using - see NOTES), tomatoes, sour cream, salt, pepper and cumin into a large bowl, mixing to combine.
4. To assemble, pour cooked rice into prepared baking dish and layer beans on top of rice. Pour chicken mixture over rice and top evenly with cheddar cheese. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until cheese is melted and rice is hot.