- Love this creamy chicken comfort food. I doubled the recipe and froze the filling in a quart-sized bag. Had every intention of making pot pie again but used it the following with my creamy chicken and biscuit recipe. Both are so good!
- Recipe modified from Pillsbury's Classic Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 pie crusts, frozen (and thawed for 10 minutes or so before putting top on), refrigerated or homemade
- 1/3 c. butter
- 1/3 c. chopped onion
- 1/4 c. chopped celery
- 1/3 c. all-p flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1 3/4 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 c. milk
- 2 1/2 c. shredded cooked chicken
- 2 c. frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat and add onion and celery. Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in flour, celery seed, salt and pepper until well blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened. Add more salt and pepper to taste.