- A fun (an easy) way to prepare lasagna!
- Modified from Fix, Freeze, Feast Cookbook
- The cookbook I have makes at least three meals a a time and freezes two of them. I cut this recipe in half and made two meals for a family of 3 (with leftovers). Modify accordingly to suit your family's size or double to make some extra for the freezer! To freeze the rolls, place the rolls on a cookie sheet and freeze for 1/2 and hour or so and then place in ziplock bags.
- The amounts of cheeses are approximate and can be more or less if desired.
- 28 oz of lasagna noodles (about 25-30 noodles)
- 12 oz crumbled feta cheese (2 1/2 c.)
- 16 oz low-fat cottage cheese (2 c.)
- 16 oz part-skim ricotta cheese (1ish c.)
- 1/2 c. shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 5-10 oz frozen chopped spinach, cooked according to package directions, cooled and then squeezed to remove extra water
- Marinara sauce (2 c. per pans you're baking right away)
- Extra mozzarella cheese to top for the pan(s) your baking right away
1. Boil noodles (you may have to do this in batches or in two different pots) until flexible but not completely cooked (a few minutes shy of the time on the package directions). Drain.
2. Meanwhile mix feta, cottage cheese, ricotta, Asiago, Parmesan, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in cooked, drained, and squeezed-dry spinach leaves.
3. Place partially cooked noodles on a clean work surface in a single layer.
4. Spread a little filling (2-3 tbsp) down the length of each noodle and roll up. Place noodles seam side down in a greased baking dish (for the ones your making right away) and place the ones you're going to freeze in a baking sheet or dish and freeze for 30 minutes then remove and place in ziplock bags.
5. For the pan you're baking right away, spread 2 c. marinara sauce over noodles (and extra mozzarella cheese if desired). Cover with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes at 350.
6. To bake frozen rolls, remove from freezer and place in a greased baking dish. Let thaw in the fridge. Follow same baking instructions as in step 5.