- For an easy weeknight dinner and not the usually grilled cheese, try a grilled ham & Swiss (or provolone) sandwich. Dress it up by adding brown or spicy mustard, a tomato slice, etc. We prefer ours with just ham & Swiss cheese.
- High quality deli ham
- High quality sandwich bread
- Slices of Swiss, provolone or cheese of choice
- Anything to dress it up that you'd like: tomato slice, brown/spicy mustard, etc.
- Butter, for spreading on bread
1. Butter each slice of bread on one side.
2. Top a slice of bread (butter side down) with desired amount of ham and a slice of cheese. Top with second slice of bread (butter side up).
3. Heat a skillet to medium low and place bread in skillet. Cover with a lid and cook on low or medium low (depending on your stove) until bread is nicely browned. Flip and cook on the other side. The key is to cook low enough so that the ham and cheese melt together.