- Love, love, love this biscuit recipe! It's from an earlier recipe of mine, Biscuits with Sausage Gravy. It's so easy to make and so yummy!
- The creamy chicken recipe is a combination of my own creation and several things I've made in the past. We've made this several times recently. A comfort food for sure.
- For biscuit recipe, see the link above in NOTES.
- 4 c. chicken broth + 1 c. water and 2 tsp chicken bouillon seasoning or 2 bouillon cubes
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 c. fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- about 1/2 package frozen carrots & peas mix
- about 1 lb of shredded cooked chicken breast (either cook your own in boiling water for 30 min or so, cool & shred or do it the easy way and buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it, dividing it up for two different recipes)
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
1. To make biscuits, see link above in NOTES.
2. For creamy chicken, heat 4 c. broth and 1 c. water in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. When just simmering, add the bouillon seasoning or cubes. Keep warm.
3. In a large soup pot, melt the butter and saute onion over low heat about 10 minutes (do not brown onion).
4. Add 1/2 c. flour and stir to incorporate (will be a chunky mixture).
5. Add hot chicken stock and stir with a whisk to incorporate, 1 minute.
6. Add salt, pepper, shredded cooked chicken, frozen veggies and parsley if using.
7. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until veggies are tender.
8. Stir in 1/4 c. heavy cram and heat through.
9. Split biscuits in half and serve creamy chicken over bottom half then place top of biscuit on top.