February 17, 2011

Week 33, Recipe 2: Garlic Ginger Chicken


NOTES
  • This is one of our favorite chicken recipes and we haven't made it in awhile. I realized I've never blogged it so enjoy!
  • I chop up the chicken breasts and mix the marinade ingredients the night before. Since this last time I made it I used brown rice, I made the rice the night before too (brown rice takes around 40-45 minutes). Then when I got home I set the chicken out to marinade for 1/2 hour, cooked it and reheated the rice.
INGREDIENTS
  • About 1 lb chicken breasts or chicken thighs, cut into small pieces (like nugget size)
  • 2 tsp fresh ginger juice (grate a chunk of fresh ginger then squeeze it between your fingers to get the juice)
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tbp white whine + 1 tsp sugar
  • Flour for frying (approx. 1 c.)
  • Canola oil for frying
  • Rice - I estimate 1 1/2 - 2 c. dry to feed my family plus have some for leftovers
DIRECTIONS
1. Mix the ginger juice, garlic, soy and white wine, and sugar in a bowl.
2. Add chicken pieces and let marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Heat a large saucepan (or two) with a thin layer of oil on the bottom.
4. Dip chicken pieces in into flour, shaking off excess and fry in hot oil until browned on one side. Flip and brown the oil side.
5. Remove from oil and let sit on a plate covered with a paper towel. Serve with rice, extra soy sauce and a veggie/s of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment