- Frittata is a quick and easy meal. You could skip the sausage if you wanted to go vegetarian.
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 5- or 6-oz bag fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 lb sausage (I used the hot seasoned) or 3 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan
- Salt & pepper to taste (start with 1/2 tsp each)
- 1 tbsp oil or butter
1. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt pepper and Parmesan. Set aside.
2. Turn on the oven to broil. In a 9-10" oven-safe skillet (mine has rubber on the handle so I wrap foil around it), heat 1 tbsp oil or butter over medium heat, coating the skillet and it's sides well. Add the sausage and cook for a few minutes. Add pepper and continue to cook until sausage is cooked through. Add spinach and cook until wilted (it'll seem like a lot and soft of overflow the skillet but just be patient and stir gently; it will wilt down in a minute or so).
3. Reduce the heat to medium low and add the egg mixture and stir to evenly incorporate the sausage mixture throughout. Let cook for 2-4 minutes until the eggs mixture is soft-set in the middle and set on the bottom and the sides. You can lift the sides up once set and tilt the pan to let the runny egg in the middle run underneath.
4. Put skillet under broiler (about 6 inches from heat) and broil for about 4 minutes or so until the top is lightly browned and no longer runny. Remove and let stand for 2 minutes before loosening from the skillet and sliding on a serving plate.